- To start with, log in to your 1form account or create a new one.
- Ensure that your profile is complete and your information is up to date before you start an application. Click here to learn how to edit your 1form profile.
Once you are signed in and your profile is complete, there are two ways you can apply for a property with 1form:
Tip: Some agencies will request that you answer questions that are outside of what is included in a standard application. If these are not marked as mandatory, we suggest answering if possible, as this can show how you are most suited for the property.
- Applying through this button is the most common way to apply for a rental property with 1form.
- When this is clicked, it will take you to the online rental application in 1form and it will autofill details of the property and the property manager.
- If you need to add additional tenants to your application, this is done via the Occupancy step. Click here for more information.
Note: Applying this way ensures the application is directed to the correct property manager. If you enter another email address, the correct property manager may not be notified that you have submitted your application.
- Log in to 1form.
- Click the Start New Application button.
Note: If you follow this process, you will also need to manually enter the details of the property and the property manager. Entering the incorrect property manager email address means the application will not be delivered to the correct property manager account in 1form.
- We will send you an email to confirm you have sent your application. Click here to see how you can check your application's status.
- Please ensure that you keep a record of any documents or copies of identification that you have uploaded to your profile as these will be deleted if you do not sign in to your account for 60 days.
- We keep each tenant profile and application for at least 12 months. In order for 1form to remain current, accurate and efficient, we remove any tenant profiles and applications from 1form if they have become inactive over a long period of time or if you specifically ask for an application to be removed.