You can apply for a rental through 1form when more than one person will be on the lease by submitting a joint application as follows:
1. Apply for the rental on 1form as you normally would.
2. In the Occupancy step, select how many additional people will be occupying the property with you; for example, if occupying the property with two friends, select 2 from the dropdown menu.
Note: Only the primary applicant is required to select the additional people that will be occupying the property. If you have been added as an additional person by the primary applicant, you will only be required to fill in your individual application.
3. Enter these details of the other occupants (you must have their consent to provide their personal information):
- Their relationship to you,
If you select that this person will be on the lease, you must also provide their email and contact number.
4. Complete the rest of your application.
5. Once you submit your application, an email is sent to the occupants who will be on the lease requesting them to complete their part of the application.
6. Please note that it is likely that the property manager will wait for all occupants on the lease to complete their application before they start to process it, so the sooner everyone completes their applications, the better.
Note: While 1form does not make it mandatory for all occupants over 18 to be on the lease, some property managers may have this as a requirement.
Tip: To change your marital status, you need to edit your profile. Click here to learn how.