You can apply for a rental through 1form when more than one person will be on the lease by submitting a joint application as follows:
- Apply for the rental on 1form as you normally would.
- In the Occupancy step, select how many additional people will be occupying the property with you; for example, if occupying the property with two friends, select 2 from the dropdown menu.
- Enter these details of the other occupants (you must have their consent to provide their personal information):
- Their relationship to you,
- If you select that this person will be on the lease, you must also provide their email and contact number.
- Complete the rest of your application.
- Once you submit your application, an email is sent to the occupants who will be on the lease requesting them to complete their part of the application (unless you are applying with a partner whose details have been added to your profile and are listed as living with, engaged or married to you).
Please note that it is likely that the property manager will wait for all occupants on the lease to complete their application before they start to process it, so the sooner everyone completes their applications, the better.
Note: While 1form does not make it mandatory for all occupants over 18 to be on the lease, some property managers may have this as a requirement.
Tip: To change your marital status, you need to edit your profile. Click here to learn how.